[rsbac] grsecurity problem

Tycho Fruru rsbac@rsbac.org
Thu Apr 4 10:32:01 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Amon Ott wrote:

> On Thursday, 4. April 2002 08:37, Deim Agoston wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 06:25:03PM -0800, Metrix <metrix007@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > > i tried unsuccsessfuly tp patch a 2.4.17 kernel with
> > > both rsbac and grsecurity support, i tried applying
> > > the patch in different ways, but to no avail. is there
> > > any way to get grsecurity to compile alongside rsbac?
> >
> > I think Boldi made a patch, consists grsecurity+rsbac+xfs. Look for
> > the list archives.
>
> Tycho Fruru did the combination.
>
> http://www.conostix.org/~fpmip/secos-patch/
>
> It is with RSBAC 1.1.2 and grsecurity 1.7.1 for 2.4.9, so it is a bit
> outdated.
>
> Tycho, did you make another version?
not yet (day's only got 24 hours ;-) but I'll look into it
(what would be nice would be a way of automating the resolution between
conflicting patches, in some specific cases we can do better than just
looking at it manually ... eg. we KNOW that when you use RSBAC, you'll not
use grsecurity ACLs (which pose the biggest problems for patch
integration)

Let me experiment a bit ;-) I'll keep you updated.

Cheers
Tycho

--
Tycho Fruru			tycho.fruru@conostix.com
Users' impressions of different operating systems, expressed as emoticons: