[rsbac] Re: 1.2.0 backport to 2.2 kernels?

Marc Martinez rsbac@rsbac.org
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:54:33 -0800

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 12:30:19PM +0100, Amon Ott wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since I am not likely to need it, and backporting is a lot of work, who of
> you does need 1.2.0 on 2.2 kernels?
>
> Please speak out now or I am not going to do the port...

I was personally very much looking forward to it so that I can easily
switch between 2.2 and 2.4 kernels with a new firewall box I'm building.
if there is not much real interest in it and the port does not happen
I can certainly manage, but I was hoping to be able to avoid
maintaining 2 different sets of rsbac utilities and have the CAP
management modules available for 2.2..

> Additionally, we could get rid of all the old 2.2 compatibility stuff and a
> bunch of #ifdef's for the kernel version. Until the next big changes come, of
> course. :(

this is certainly a worthy argument for considering dropping the 2.2
support..

guess it's time to start testing a 2.4 kernel on the new box..

Marc