[rsbac] RSBAC RC vs. SELinux

Deim Agoston ago at lsc.hu
Sun Dec 28 11:14:08 CET 2003

Arnout Engelen <arnoutbac at bzzt.net> irta:
> some googling reveals this thread:
>
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=selinux&m=98618795624462&w=2
wow! I've tried rsbac versus selinux search string but only found
GRSecurity and SELinux comparsion :-)

> since this seems to be slowly becoming a faq, it might be nice if
> someone rewrote the contents of that thread into a nice-to-read article.
> maybe, since you're evaluating the two anyway, you'd be interested in
> giving that a shot?
maybe :-) everything in this life depends on time (at least to me :-)).
I want to try them out in test machines and compare what feature I need.
I've seen that RSBAC evolved a lot since I've looked on it (around 1.0-1.1)
and I was happy with the features and usability (it worked for me at
least in a production system) so it's time to refresh my knowledge
however RC module seems to be almost the same as it was (improves in
some way, of course)

I will give a look at the thread.

thanks,
Ago