[rsbac] To-Do List for 1.2.3

Chirag Pandya searchformehere at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 08:39:37 MEST 2003

--- Amon Ott <ao at rsbac.org> wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2003 19:47, Chirag P wrote:
> > --- Amon Ott <ao at rsbac.org> wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > this is my current to-do list for 1.2.3. Please
> add
> > > your wishes now.
> >
> > 2 small wishes for now :-)
> > Extra logging support:
> > 1.  provide facility to write extended debugging
> > messages (eg when rsbac_debug_adf_rc is ON) to
> rmsgs
> > as well as syslog.  That way we separate ALL rsbac
> > messages away from /var/log/messages
>
> How about RSBAC init and warning messages? Shall
> these also go to the
> selected logging source only?

I am just worried that if I have a problem with rsbac
during initial boot, i'd like to see the system show
me the init sequence completely.
It would be good to have the ability to "redirect" ALL
rsbac messages BUT I'm fine with having init/warning
messages stay in /var/ ...
I just want "GRANTED"/"NOT GRANTED" (+ if I have
extended debugging on) messages all go to selected
logging source.

> > MAC
> > 2.  MAC trusted for user take a list rather than
> just
> > an individual user.
>
> Has been on my list before, just forgot to enter it
> here.

THANKS!
--Chirag