[rsbac] Apache under RSBAC

Rob See rob at rsee.net
Thu Apr 8 21:45:34 CEST 2004

Hi,

	To get used to the way RSBAC works, I'm trying to get apache to run as
another user id without starting it as root(using roles and
capabilities) I've been mostly successful so far, but I've run into a
small problem. Apache (under Gentoo) creates its pid file in /var/run
(var/run/apache2.pid) Is there any way to set an ACL for a file that
doesn't exist yet. Otherwise, the only way I can see to do this is to
allow access to the entire directory, or move the pid file to another
directory (both of which I want to avoid if at all possible)

Thanks,
-Rob