[rsbac] Re: Hang on boot with 2.6.5

Rob See rob at rsee.net
Sat Apr 17 02:19:25 CEST 2004

Hi,

    I having a problem booting the 2.6.5 kernel, using rsbac 1.2.3-pre4.
Right after init starts, I get the following messages:
rsbac_get_super_block(): auto-mounting device 00:07
rsbac_acl_get_single_right(): Could not lookup device!
rsbac_acl_check_right(): rsbac_acl_get_single_right() returned error
RSBAC_EINVALIDDEV! rsbac_adf_request(): request CLOSE, pid 43, ppid 42,
prog_name rc, uid 0, target_type FIFO, tid Device 00:07 Inode 2263 Path
pipe:/[2263], attr none, value 0, result NOT_GRANTED by GEN ACL

    I've seen references to similar problems on the mailing list, but
not any solutions. This problem does go away if I used
rsbac_delayed_init, but on the next boot, the kernel hangs when all of
the local filesystems are mounted. At this point, I have to turn on
either rsbac_delayed_root=99:99, or rsbac_softmode to get the machine to
boot. I tried using rsbac_debug_adf_all, but got no more output than
with without it. I have not for the life of me been able to figure out
what device 00:07 is. I've started the kernel with init=/bin/sh, and can
trigger this auto-mounting device 00:07 error by doing a simple ls in
the current directory.  I have seen rsbac successfully make it through
the auto-mounting device 00:07 step before, but I can't figure out what
I'd done differently to get it to boot.

    This kernel is being run on a Dell PowerEdge 1750 with 2 Gigs of
RAM, and dual 2.4Ghz  Xeons configured for hyperthreading (shows up as 4
procs to the kernel)

    Please let me know if there is any other debugging information that
might be useful to you.

Thanks,

-Rob