[rsbac] Problem with kernel 2.4.27 and RSBAC 1.2.3

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Thu Aug 26 11:54:58 CEST 2004

On Donnerstag, 26. August 2004 11:33, Patrique Wolfrum wrote:
> last week I received a patch from Amon Ott for RSBAC 1.2.3 and the
> kernel 2.4.27. After applying that patch, the system booted
correctly
> (it didn't do that before), but since the system is our main server,
and
> I didn't want to check and make the neccessary changes to the
existing
> ruleset in a hurry, I left the system running with RSBAC 1.2.2
(which
> works perfectly) and installed the new version on a testserver.
There it
> works fine, so I tried now to boot with RSBAC 1.2.3 and, if
neccessary,
> make the changes to ruleset. The system booted alright, but in
> rsbac_menu (1.2.3 version), the system wasn't able to find any of
the
> exisiting RC rules or RC types. Booting with RSBAC 1.2.2, it worked
> perfectly again.

What exactly did you see? What else was missing?

What device was RSBAC initialized from - could this be a problem?

> Are there any problems known with importing existing rules (since
RSBAC
> 1.2.3 works here fine on a new installation) ?

I have done several updates so far, and it worked fine. The RSBAC init
code should report about several list updates, specially in RC init.
Please check in your boot log, if you have a copy.

Amon.