[rsbac] Problem with kernel 2.4.27 and RSBAC 1.2.3

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Tue Aug 31 17:53:51 CEST 2004

On Dienstag, 31. August 2004 09:26, Patrique Wolfrum wrote:
> >What exactly did you see? What else was missing?
> >

> When in rsbac_menu and trying to access the RC Roles, I get the
> following messages:
>
> "Startup: Choose initial role"
>
> When no number is given, "Role: Invalid Role" is displayed, and I
have
> no access to the role list.
>
> When trying to access the RC Types, there aren't any shown (the list
is
> blank).

I have seen this once on one of my servers, after the next boot
everything was fine again. It might be connected with the automatic
RC role list conversion, at least this is a common point.

And I have seen this when using incompatible tools (e.g. a from pre
version), but I suppose you used the right version.

> I have sent you the boot.msg of the system to your email-account.
>
> For me it seems that RSBAC has problems initializing correctly (if I
am
> reading the log messages correctly).

To me it looks correct. Several lists get updated to new versions,
what is the intended behaviour.

Amon.