[rsbac] rsbac admin tools compiling problems

Amon Ott ao at rsbac.org
Thu Nov 18 16:00:08 CET 2004

On Donnerstag, 18. November 2004 15:46, Mixter [c] wrote:
> Hi. I'm starting to use rsbac on a debian sarge system (with a
> 2.6.7 rsbac-patched kernel), and first ran into the error that the
> rsbac-tools from debian pkg are incompatible (I assume only a
toolset
> for 2.4 kernels can be installed via apt). However, I tried
compiling

The tools are the same for both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels, but they must be
for the same RSBAC version. The tools packages in Debian Sarge are
still at version v1.2.2, while the latest stable RSBAC is v1.2.3.

> rsbac-admin from sources (v1.2.4), and ran into the following
errors.
> I'm sure that /usr/src/linux points to the rsbac kernel. I
experienced
> similar issues on Gentoo when trying to emerge rsbac-admin (v1.2.3,
also
> with the 2.6.7 kernel). Is this known? Any ideas or clues?
>
> Linux debian 2.6.7-rsbac-r6 #10 SMP Mon Nov 15 14:02:17 CET 2004
i686 GNU/Linux

> acl_grant.c: In function `process':
> acl_grant.c:70: error: `T_GROUP' undeclared (first use in this
function)

Looks like you were compiling v1.2.4 tools against a v1.2.3 kernel -
this will not work. I cannot speak for the Gentoo sources here, but
those should be at v1.2.3.

Amon.