[rsbac] Dummies starter guide

Vincent Danen vdanen at annvix.org
Tue Mar 15 17:11:27 CET 2005

Is there any such thing?  I'm looking for an idiot's guide to RSBAC if
such a thing exists... something very simple and easy to follow that
details how to set RSBAC up.  The reason I'm asking is because for
Mandrake 10.2, we will be using RSBAC-enabled kernels by default
(although I think they will be booting into softmode by default) and we
need some sort of documentation for users to be able to setup RSBAC.

I'm also using RSBAC by default for my Annvix distro as well.  So the
document will be required for two different types of users... desktop
and server.  I've been compiling RSBAC-enabled kernels for almost a
year now but haven't actually gotten around to configuring it due to
lack of time.

If such a document doesn't exist, I'll have to write one myself, but I
could use a hand with a few things, so be prepared for some stupid
questions.  =)  The last time I used a MAC system was a few years ago
using LIDS.

On another note, I tried to boot a 1.2.4 RSBAC kernel on Annvix with
rsbac_auth_enable_login (or whatever it is, I don't have the doc in
front of me), and it hung on a can't find init; just before that was
complaints about linuxrc, which would be coming from the initrd.  I
suspect I need to do a little something before I can take that step
(one reason I'm looking for an idiot's guide-type document).

Thanks and help!  =)

--
Annvix - Secure Linux Server: http://annvix.org/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"