[rsbac] Gentoo / RSBAC / Encrypted Root / Unmount fails

Michael Decker MDecker at tesis.de
Wed Jul 12 13:18:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

>>> Please try setting the kernel parameter
>>> rsbac_delayed_root=99:99
>> Doesn't make any changes :-/
> Enable CONFIG_RSBAC_INIT_DELAY in the kernel configuration.

Doing right things, things are going to work ;-)
Thanks a lot!

> RSBAC
> initialize after the first root mount, so if it doesn't work if its a
> ramdisk, this option let you specify when to initialize. with value
> 99:99 it just doesn't initialize (that's when the major:minor changes
> all the time and you don't know which one will be used), so you need
> to initialize it by hand with rsbac_init when your final root
> partition is mounted

Okay, that will I do...

>>> and use the rsbac_init tool to trigger RSBAC init after your root
>>> partition is ready.
>> So I to call this the first time or every time, after success mounting
>> the root?
>>
> So every time after mouting the final root partition (unless you put
> the correct major:minor, then it's automatic)

How can I determine the correct major:minor?

There is another (simple) problem...
	--- SNIP --
	--- SNAP ---

At this moment I call init on this way:
	--- SNIP ---
exec /sbin/init ${CMDLINE}
	--- SNAP ---

That seems to be not right...

Thanks a lot,
	Michael
Michael Decker                      Michael.Decker at tesis.de
TESIS SYSware GmbH                      http://www.tesis.de
Baierbrunnerstr. 15 * 81379 Muenchen * Tel. +49 89 747377-0